To our wonderful patients,
We would like to start by saying thank you for your patience in this challenging time. Please take the time to read this (long) letter as it contains important information about our practice and some changes we have made to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and community.
We are happy to announce that on Monday, May 4th, we will start seeing routine eye exams. Office hours are 12-6pm Monday through Saturday, however hours for exams will vary. Please call 720-565-0445 to schedule or book on this website under "schedule an appointment".
We want to remind you that we do accept EyeMed, VSP, Humana, Medicaid as well as other vision plans in case your insurance has changed.
Patient health remains our top priority. Please make note of the immediate changes within our practice to ensure all patients and staff stay healthy:
- A Soft Opening means we will open May 4th with a reduced patient load to allow our staff to implement, test, and optimize our enhanced safety protocols.
- New Protocols have been implemented, including asking health screening questions and requiring everyone to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the office. We are also obtaining non-contact thermometers and will be checking patient and staff temperatures when entering the office.
- Increased Cleaning at opening, closing, and in-between patients according to CDC guidelines and using EPA approved products for COVID-19.
- Allowing for Social Distancing: We have restructured our waiting area to make sure staff and patients can easily observe social distancing at all times.
- Wearing Masks at All Times will be required of everyone (staff and patients) upon entering the building. If you need a special accommodation for this due to a disability, please call us so we can address this issue while staying in compliance with current guidelines.
- No Visitors will be allowed inside the practice - only on-duty staff and patients with appointments will be allowed inside. Unfortunately, we are not able to allow anyone without an appointment (this includes bringing spouses, friends and children who do not have appointments). We realize that some patients will need a caregiver to accompany them and we will work to safely accommodate these cases.
- Telemedicine visits will still be available for some eye health services. Please call us to schedule a virtual visit.
- We will continue to adjust our safety protocols as government guidelines evolve in this ever-changing time.
The Stay-at-home Order Did Impact Our Practice. In addition to supporting your health, your annual eye exam or eye health appointment will support our employees and their families. Thank you for taking the time to read this information and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
All the best,
The Altitude Team